Wednesday, May 28, 2014

FROM PARIS WITH LOVE

Ever since I was a little girl, I have always wanted a pen pal, someone with whom I could share my thoughts with, exchange cultures, and become close friends. My dream was fulfilled a year ago when a sweet girl named Louise came to visit America with her school from France. I was so excited that one of my close friends Nicole was going to host a French student, and I could hardly wait. When the students arrived, I had the opportunity to meet Louise. She was a bit shy and quiet at first, but I found that the time after she left was when we bonded the most. Their trip was a short 10 days, but I made sure to include a card in the present to ask if we could stay in touch. However, I didn't expect too much because we didn't have much time to talk when she was here. About a month later, I was extremely surprised when Nicole handed me a letter Louise had sent to her to give to me. Louise really opened up in the letter and began asking lots of questions which I loved. I quickly wrote a letter back to her, and from then on, we constantly talk to each other. There is truly nothing better than receiving a hand-written letter in the mail that's written with love and care. English is Louise's second language (along with Spanish and Chinese....how come I haven't learned this many languages?) and to see her write long, thoughtful letters never fails to touch me. In addition to writing letters, Louise and I Snapchat which is always a lot of fun as I have the opportunity to see tid bits of her daily life. In her letters, Louise always asks me to come visit her in France, and it is my dream to one day take a trip to Europe. All I can say is I'm truly grateful that I have made such a close friend with a lovely girl like Louise, and I encourage all of you to reach out to someone from another city, country, or continent. The friendship you will develop is so precious and insightful, and it has made me a much happier person today. If any one of you would like to exchange letters with me, I would be thrilled to do that! If so, leave your email in the comment section below or even email me personally at emily.leung158@gmail.com and let's start something up!

Louise recently took a school trip to Rome and sent me a sweet letter and postcard. This is by far the most gorgeous postcard I have ever seen, and it makes me want to visit Europe more than ever.

Nicole went to France and brought me back the perfect Paris key chain that I absolutely adore as it is both functional and beautiful to look at.

 Have you ever had a pen pal before?

-Emily
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. My really good guy friend went to Europe during for a month last December and I was so jealous. I want to go to Europe more than anything. I would love to go travel the world and see all the different cultures. That would be amazing. Anyways, I was jealous of him. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I can relate to someone! We will get our chance one day ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm a sucker for handwritten letters! I'm glad someone enjoys them as much as I do :) And Whoa, Louise is very impressive! I can barely even learn Chinese let alone learn Spanish or French at the same time haha. Lovely post Emily. I really enjoyed reading it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always wanted a penpal and a handwritten letter is one of those 'little things' in life that I really enjoy. And wow I really adore that key chain! I wish I had one just like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i did when i was little. i tried doing it on the blog 4 years ago, and all i got were prisoners. yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a cute post!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's £250+ of beauty products up for grabs on my blog! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, that is so cute!

    missjessjess || Fleeting Stars

    ReplyDelete

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig