Sunday, October 5, 2014

A California Fall Lookbook Part One | Transitioning Summer into Fall

Though it still feels like summer in California with temperatures well above 80 and 90 degrees, fall has already begun. This transition period is often the hardest to dress for as I find myself yearning to pull out those cozy sweaters, knee high boots, and warm scarves while the rest of my fellow peers are still dressed in summer attire. Thus, this outfit is dedicated to inspire those who are wanting to combine the airy pieces of summer with the thicker clothing that resembles fall.


My lovely cousin, Nicole, is visiting with us for the weekend, so I decided to put the time to good use and do a photo shoot! This is look one of five looks that you will be seeing in my California Fall Lookbook. My most viewed post on my blog is my Summer Outfit Ideas Part One | Everyday Occasions, so I thought it was about time that I did another lookbook. 

This first look features a dainty key necklace from Forever 21, a slightly cropped white sweater from H&M, a blue and white paisley dress from H&M, and dark brown riding boots from R2 (I bought mine from Famous Footwear.) I layered a white sweater on top of my go-to dress of the summer, a sleeveless paisley dress, to combine summer colors and prints into a cozier look. The dark brown riding boots also add a nice hint of fall into the look. 




How do you transition your outfits from summer into fall?

-Emily
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. you are so lucky you live in California..you can wear light clothes all year long! :)
    would you like to follow each other on GFC? please let me know in a comment on my blog or follow me and i will follow you back:)
    jolahogg.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is one benefit of living in California haha! Sometimes I wished it snowed where I live though :(

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I love your cropped sweater! I used to live in California so I totally get you as far as how do I transition in terms of outfits? I've been hearing about the heat waves lately and I'm sure I would be really confused because I love layering! I live in Hawaii now so I pretty much have one season so there's no need to really "transition" if you will haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The heat waves here are quite annoying at the moment :| Wow, living in Hawaii must be so cool!

      Delete
  3. So cute. I sort of miss the summer but I don't want it back just yet.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I definitely agree. I need cooler weather right now because I miss my cozy sweaters :(

      Delete
  4. I totally understand where you're coming from! I'm more than ready to layer my outfits in sweaters and jackets too. Sigh, SoCal can be such a pain sometimes. Super cute outfit though! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your lookbook :) You have a lovely sense of style Emily! And I can see how you and your cousin are both related; you guys are both adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes I wished I lived on the East Coast with the cold fall and winter months, but I guess warm SoCal days are nice at times too haha :) Aww thank you, Victoria! You and Michelle both have such a wonderful style as well! Hmm... maybe a fashion post in feature sometime soon? :)

      Delete

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig