Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The (Un)favorites No. 3


bareMinerals Blemish Therapy | This tiny pot of powder claims quite magical powers. Said to both conceal and heal, this treatment seemed extremely enticing. However, after trying it out a few times, I can say that it sadly falls short in both categories. It does not provide enough coverage to conceal, and it frankly did nothing to help heal my acne. I was never one for powder concealers as I find liquids to be much more effect, and I don't think I will be trying any anytime soon.

Maybelline Fit Me Concealer | Let's set things straight. I am in love with the product as it does a fantastic job at concealing anything from blemishes to undereye circles, but the packaging just sucks on all levels. At first, I never noticed anything horrendous about the packaging, but I gave it a few weeks and I saw how messy this product got. I am fairly clean person, and I like to keep all of my products clean as well, so believe me, I did not try and get concealer all over the sides of the tube. Somehow, the product builds up where the wand and tube meet and you are left with an absolute gunky mess. It's also not the easiest thing to clean off as the concealer itself has great staying power. The only way I can travel with this product is if I put it in its own plastic bag, and even at home, it leaves concealer all over my bathroom counter.

Elf Pencil Eyeliner | This must be the worst pencil eyeliner I have ever tried. It is extremely waxy, doesn't apply smoothly, and smudges like crazy. No, no, no. All the products I've tried from Elf have been such a disappointment so far!

Maybelline Falsies Flared Mascara (waterproof) | I know how highly loved this mascara is to many beauty bloggers out there, but sadly, this just did not work out for me. It was extremely dry from my first use, and I found it to be quite flaky when I applied it to my lashes. For a mascara named "falsies," I expected a much wetter formula, something to provide volume and drama, but sadly, this fell short of my expectations and I much prefer Maybelline's Rocket Mascara (waterproof).

Physicians Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Cream | This was my first ever BB cream and probably my last. The coverage was surprisingly great for a BB, but the poor shade selection (three shades) made it hard to match my actual skin tone. The worst part was how much it oxidized. I had an atrocious orange face in natural light, and it was quite the disaster.

Covergirl Outlast Lipstain | I am all for the idea of a lipstain as I love a natural lip, but this little guy just fell short of my expectations. I will give it the benefit of the doubt because I've had it for a while, but the tip is completely dried up. Also, it applies quite patchy which makes it very hard to get an even application, only adding to the fact that it's very hard to blend out considering that it's a stain.

What have been your (un)favorites recently?


-Emily
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Ahem, It's Emme. All rights reserved.
MINIMALIST BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig